This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: Podcast – Becoming SuperHuman
When? This feed was archived on September 06, 2017 14:41 (). Last successful fetch was on August 13, 2017 07:33 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Danger zoneSeries is public
Today, we’re joined by Caroline Miller, author, public speaker, coach, and expert on “grit.”
For almost three decades Caroline has been a pioneer with her ground-breaking work in the areas of goal setting/accomplishment, grit, happiness and success. She is recognized as one of the world’s leading positive psychology experts on this research and how it can be applied to one’s life for maximum transformation and growth. In 2015 she was named “one of the ten Positive Psychology coaches to follow.”
Caroline has also been featured in hundreds of magazines, newspapers and other media around the world for several decades, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, US News and World Report, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR and CNN. She’s even published an impressive 6 books, including Creating Your Best Life, Positively Caroline, and Getting Grit.
In this interview, I wanted to dive into a topic we haven’t covered much at all on the show: grit, or, as I understand it, tenacity and perserverance. What is it? What does it help with? How does it work? Can you learn it?
Of course, Caroline offered all of that – but much, much more. We go into her story, the role of passion, the power of patience, and much, much more. I just know you’re going to love this episode.
This episode is brought to you by my premium online training – The Become a SuperLearner Master Class. To learn more or check out a FREE trial with no credit card required, simply click the banner above!
This episode is brought to you by Organifi. Save 20% on their highly-recommended green juice products with coupon code “superhuman.”
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Caroline Adams Miller, what is her unique background, and what does she do?
- The painful story of Caroline Miller’s bulimia, how she overcame it, and why it led her to do what she does today
- What words of wisdom does Caroline Adams Miller offer for anyone suffering from bulimia?
- What exactly is “grit,” and how does it differ from things like tenacity and willpower?
- What are the various types of “grit,” and how do they differ?
- Where does inspiring others fit into “grit?”
- What if you don’t have the passion or motivation you need? How can you develop it?
- What homework can you do at home this week to cultivate more patience (and grit?)
- A discussion of “everybody is a winner” generation, and how it’s harming kids today
- A conversation about Israel and how the mandatory military service influences people’s “grit”
- Thoughts on neuroplasticity, meditation, and how you can re-wire your brain for grit
- How do people with extreme grit push through the pain, where others would give up?
- How to get a hold of Caroline Adams Miller
- The #1 takeaway from this episode
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Caroline Adams Miller’s Website
- Getting Grit and Caroline’s other books
- JK Rowling speaks at Harvard Commencement
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Our previous episode on Burning Man
- The Startup Nation by Saul Singer and Dan Senor
Favorite Quotes from Caroline Adams Miller:
25 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .