Manage episode 242472247 series 2488621
Podcast Notes Key Takeaways
- Exercise may help treat and prevent depression by:
- Shifting the ratio of quinolinic acid to kynurenic acid in the brain
- Reducing interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels
- Increasing serum and brain levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels
- Increasing the circulation of natural cannabinoids and opioids
Read the full notes @ podcastnotes.org
Subscribe to the Found My Fitness - Rhonda Patrick Podcast
In this short episode, Dr. Patrick discusses some of the compelling science including observational studies, randomized controlled trials, and human mechanistic studies that suggests exercise is a powerful tool for preventing or managing the symptoms of depression and mental illness. Moreover, she talks about the specific types of exercise and exercise parameters that evidence suggests might be the most helpful for depression.
This podcast started its life as a video, so make sure to check out the full video or the references and episode notes on the episode page.
Did you enjoy this podcast? It was brought to you by people like you!
Click here to visit our crowdsponsor page where you can learn more about how to support the podcast and access the premium members benefits.