Manage episode 212312789 series 1316157
All right. Alright.
In the world of podcasting, as most of you know, Apple has been the big player for a long, long, long time.
One of the things that points that out to us is that worldwide, more people by a long shot own and use Android phones than Apple phones however, it's almost exactly opposite when it comes to podcast consumption through smartphones.
The vast majority of podcast listeners consume their podcasts on Apple devices.
Now, why is that?
I believe there's one simple reason: it's because Apple has long had a native way for you to listen to podcasts on their devices. And by native I mean, it's built into the device - the podcasting app comes preinstalled on every Apple device.
Google, the company really behind the Android operating system has never done that.
Until now. Maybe. Hopefully.
Find out how Google Podcasts App for Android is moving in the right direction at least, and how you can discover if your podcast is available in it already (it just might be).
- [1:19] The Android iPhone divide - yet podcast listening is upside down by comparison
- [3:58] How Google has decided to get into the podcasting game at a bigger level
- [4:41] The best way for Google to impact the podcasting industry: a native app
- [7:06] My prediction: A new explosion of podcasting is on the way
- Link to your podcast in Google Podcasts: www.PodcastFastTrack.com/GooglePodcasts
On FacebookOn Twitter
127 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 27 mins duration .