Manage episode 182303534 series 94611
We have a big show this week, so we get right into it.
Mark and Ron cover these points concerning the Silent Way methodology:
- what is the Silent Way Method
- key aspects of the Silent Method
- how does the Silent Method work in class
- using cuisenaire rods, colored blocks and instilling learner autonomy
- criticism of the Silent Method and what we can do with it in class
The Silent Way is a very intriguing method and if you have any questions or anything to add about the silent method post your comments or questions over on the ESL Teacher Talk Forums. We’re listening!
Game of the Week: the Paper Game
It’s a communcative game that has students assume personalities. The students interact and try to guess who the other student is. It can be played with groups of 4 to 400. It’s adaptable to all levels and goes over well with children and adults. You can use the template to create your own board and there are game board makers that allow you to make boards using the same images from the MES-English flashcards. Enjoy!
98 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days .