Manage episode 182389400 series 1137029
Legendary longtime former NY Times sportswriter Ira Berkow joins the podcast. Ira has a new book out, entitled It Happens Every Spring, which is a compilation of his best baseball writing. We discussed:
- The night he watched Stephen Strasburg pitch against the White Sox in Jerry Reinsdorf’s box, President Obama arrived, and was familiar with him because he’d read one of his books.
- How he got to the New York Times
- Marge Schott’s Nazi memorabilia; Billy Martin’s off-field issues
- What Donald Trump said about Bill Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and why he didn’t publish it at the time.
- Why he laments that the art of the newspaper sports column is dwindling.
- His belief that Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson should be in the Hall of Fame.
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
Mike Florio: Average Fans Should Care About Josh Gordon Confidentiality Breach (Previous podcasts with Florio on Deflategate and his own career are here and here)
Should LeBron Bear More Responsibility for Love and Kyrie “Fitting In?” (With Cleveland sports talk host Anthony Lima)
What Does PC Twitter Even Mean? (With Jason McIntyre and Barstool’s Big Cat)
*denotes Pigsplosion podcast
83 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .