This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on July 06, 2018 02:28 (). Last successful fetch was on November 28, 2017 18:42 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 181914058 series 1137029
Ozzie Smith joins the podcast this week! He was made available to us by Kingsford Charcoal, which has a new campaign in which fans are encouraged to discuss their favorite parts of baseball using the hashtag #BestOfBaseball. We discussed:
- Ozzie’s favorite part of baseball is, unsurprisingly, the web gem. Why?
- The number of African-Americans playing baseball has diminished greatly in the last few decades. What would he do to buck that trend? If he were growing up in Los Angeles now, would he play baseball or another sport?
- Having his candidacy for Dancing With the Stars rejected.
- The longstanding feud between Ozzie and Tony La Russa.
- Memories of the 1982 World Series.
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
Mike Florio: Average Fans Should Care About Josh Gordon Confidentiality Breach (Previous podcasts with Florio on Deflategate and his own career are here and here)
Should LeBron Bear More Responsibility for Love and Kyrie “Fitting In?” (With Cleveland sports talk host Anthony Lima)
What Does PC Twitter Even Mean? (With Jason McIntyre and Barstool’s Big Cat)
*denotes Pigsplosion podcast
83 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .