Manage episode 182634693 series 1137029
ESPN Swiss Army Knife Ramona Shelburne joins the podcast! We discussed:
- With so much national spotlight on Lonzo Ball, has the NBA summer league ever had this much interest that she can remember?
- Was she surprised when Magic Johnson told her, on the record, that LaVar Ball told him his persona was just “marketing”?
- How did LaVar Ball earn the money to buy the family house in Chino Hills?
- What are the chances LeBron joins the Lakers next offseason? Is there any way to make the math work for Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and/or Dwyane Wade to join him?
- The stretch in her career at the Los Angeles Daily News, in her late twenties, where she strongly considered pivoting to do something else.
- What gives her the most personal fulfillment — a deeply reported feature (on, say, how Jeanie Buss took control of the Lakers, or Ronda Rousey’s existential anxieties), breaking massive news like Paul George to OKC, or taping a television program during frenetic news times?
- Her advice for aspiring sports media talents.
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
Like this article?
Sign up for the The Big Lead email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning
Thanks for signing up.
You'll be waking up a little more awesome tomorrow.
Something went wrong.Try again?
Mike Florio: Average Fans Should Care About Josh Gordon Confidentiality Breach (Previous podcasts with Florio on Deflategate and his own career are here and here)
Should LeBron Bear More Responsibility for Love and Kyrie “Fitting In?” (With Cleveland sports talk host Anthony Lima)
What Does PC Twitter Even Mean? (With Jason McIntyre and Barstool’s Big Cat)
*denotes Pigsplosion podcast
79 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .