This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on July 06, 2018 02:28 (). Last successful fetch was on November 28, 2017 18:42 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 181846698 series 1137029
John Ourand, the sports media reporter for Sports Business Journal, joins the podcast. We discussed:
- His recent feature on ESPN, which summarized the rights deals it has with all the leagues and why the network paid so much for them.
- The practical applications of ESPN’s management shakeup
- Fox Sports Digital overhaul
- What are the benchmarks of success for the upcoming FS1 morning show with Nick Wright and Cris Carter, and the ESPN Greeny show?
- Will the Cubs launch their own network? Is it possible they get together with the Blackhawks to cut Jerry Reinsdorf out of the package?
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
Mike Florio: Average Fans Should Care About Josh Gordon Confidentiality Breach (Previous podcasts with Florio on Deflategate and his own career are here and here)
Should LeBron Bear More Responsibility for Love and Kyrie “Fitting In?” (With Cleveland sports talk host Anthony Lima)
What Does PC Twitter Even Mean? (With Jason McIntyre and Barstool’s Big Cat)
*denotes Pigsplosion podcast
83 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .