Manage episode 181846698 series 1137029
John Ourand, the sports media reporter for Sports Business Journal, joins the podcast. We discussed:
- His recent feature on ESPN, which summarized the rights deals it has with all the leagues and why the network paid so much for them.
- The practical applications of ESPN’s management shakeup
- Fox Sports Digital overhaul
- What are the benchmarks of success for the upcoming FS1 morning show with Nick Wright and Cris Carter, and the ESPN Greeny show?
- Will the Cubs launch their own network? Is it possible they get together with the Blackhawks to cut Jerry Reinsdorf out of the package?
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
Mike Florio: Average Fans Should Care About Josh Gordon Confidentiality Breach (Previous podcasts with Florio on Deflategate and his own career are here and here)
Should LeBron Bear More Responsibility for Love and Kyrie “Fitting In?” (With Cleveland sports talk host Anthony Lima)
What Does PC Twitter Even Mean? (With Jason McIntyre and Barstool’s Big Cat)
*denotes Pigsplosion podcast
82 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .