Apple's new subscriptions? Spotify's failing strategy? Does Clubhouse need moderating? Interviews with Podpage, MatchCasts, Podchaser and A Million Ads
Manage episode 282844130 series 2831485
Join James Cridland and Sam Sethi on this week's show.
We talk about Apple's proposed new subscription service and what it means for podcasters?
And has Spotify's foray into podcasting failed? Citi Research said "The only thing podcasting seems to have influenced is Spotify’s valuation.” They suggest that clients sell the stock.
We'll discuss whether we think they are right or premature.
Also, we ponder if Clubhouse needs better room moderation to prevent hate speech and misogyny?
Also on this weeks show:
- Brenden Mulligan, CEO Podpage talks about how podcasters can make a google SEO optimised webpage in less than 5 mins.
- Bradley Davis, CEO Podchaser, the IMdB of podcasting, talks about their new $4m funding round from Greycroft, and what they plan to do with the money.
- Jaime Ng, CEO MatchCasts talks about being the first Asian podcasting ad platform and also her thoughts on the Tencent acquisition of Lazy Audio and what it means for Himalaya.
- Sam Crowther, Executive Creative Director at A Million Ads talks about their use of data to create personalized advertising and how this can work for both Radio and Podcasters who use dynamic ad insertion.
- We also talk about how they plan to use Descript's Overdub voice synthesis service to create a million ads.
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more