Manage episode 241657653 series 4499
Kevin Patterson and Alana Phelan join us to talk about their latest queer superhero novel and how to be more inclusive in fiction.
0:00 Introduction and host chat
Thanks to Anita Wagner for introducing me to the term “petamour”
1:30 Poly in the news
3:05 Contact us
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. If you want us to teach a class at your event, want us to coach you, or want to appear on the podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3:35 Interview: Kevin Patterson and Alana Phelan on writing inclusive fiction
Kevin Patterson and Alana Phelan join us to talk about their next soon-to-be-released queer superhero book, For Hire: Audition. You may remember their last interview with us on episode 563 around For Hire: Operator or Kevin’s interview around his book, Love’s Not Color Blind.
- Harlequin is putting out a queer line of romance novels. Submit using Harlequin’s Romance Includes You mentorship (scroll down the page) runs until October 15, 2019.
- The Broken Earth Triology by N. K. Jenisin
- If It Makes You Happy by Claire Kann
- Find Kevin A. Patterson on his website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Find Alana Phelan on her website, Twitter, or Facebook.
- For Hire Audition’s IndieGoGo
- Gail Simone’s Twitter
26:30 Join the conversation
To join the online conversation around this and other episodes, follow us on Twitter or Facebook. We love when you review us on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcatcher (including Spotify!) and when you share us with your friends directly.
27:00 Thank you to our subscribers and contributors
Thanks to Pacemaker Jane for letting us use their song Good Suspicions as our intro and outro music and to you for listening and sharing.