Manage episode 192137538 series 1108786
We're staying on the cutting edge of technology this week, as we explore Ascent Solar's amazing photovoltaic technology, Essential's quick launch into the smartphone industry, and the iPhone X. First, we chat with Dr. Joe Armstrong, CTO of Ascent Solar, about how their technology is being integrated into everything from drones to portable charging stations. Then, Niccolo De Masi, President and COO of Essential, breaks the mold of the smartphone industry, with their all new, feature rich, PH-1, coming in at $499. Next, ERN Production Assistant, Cody Castleberry, takes a look back on the invention of the mouse, and explains why the Intel/AMD collaboration is such a big deal. Last, we evaluate the features, launch, performance, and sales of the iPhone X and discuss what could be next for Apple. Stay up to date!
- [00:00:00] The Birth of Ascent Solar
- [00:06:42] Keep Your Eyes in the Sky
- [00:12:31] Energy Blankets and the Future of Solar
- [00:19:53] Bursting onto the Scene - Essential PH-1
- [00:29:15] Essential: Lean, Mean, Tech Machine
- [00:35:55] Next From Essential: A.I. Powered Home
- [00:42:17] Keep Your Home Connected
- [00:48:10] This Week In Tech History: The Mouse
- [00:54:46] Bitter Rivals Set Aside Differences
- [01:02:10] iPhone X Buyer Anxiety?
- [01:11:08] Technology: Fashion or Function?
- [01:18:12] iPhone X - the Most Breakable iPhone?
1490 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 48 mins duration .