Manage episode 180000991 series 1409571
Professor Stig Bengmark is a world leading surgeon whose early observations on the gut microbiota led him to ground breaking work on pre and probiotics. His research more recently focuses on the ability of traditional diets, periodic fasting, phytonutrients and other clinical nutrition-based interventions to reduce inflammation, prevent disease and improve health.
Further reading: Bengmark S. Obesity, the deadly quartet and the contribution of the neglected daily organ rest - a new dimension of un-health and its prevention. Hepatobiliary Surg Nutr. 2015 Aug;4(4):278-88.
- Limit/eliminate sugars, especially fructose, and sugar-like foods: bread, pizza, pasta, polished rice, warm cooked potato & tubers. Cool before eating.
- Limit/eliminate diary products.
- Limit red meat to 300 g/week. Avoid processed meat, pig meat, beef from supplement-fed animals and farmed fish. Focus on wild fish, game meat and beef from grass-fed animals.
- Limit/eliminate intake of long-chain fatty acids and processed oils. Focus on plant fats such as cocos and avocado.
- Eliminate foods containing inflammation-inducing proteins: casein (diary), gluten (wheet, rye, barley) och zein (corn).
- Limit/eliminate heat-induced inflammation-inducing proteins – glycated and lipoxidated products - foods heated above 120-130 degree C.
- Avoid exposure to microbial toxins such as endotoxin, pesticides and other poisons.
- Limit your sodium & chloride salt intake - increase the intake of iodine. Avoid fluoride, bromide and reduce chloride.
- Limit/eliminate as much as possible exposure to chemicals including pharmaceutical drugs.
- Focus on plant foods rich in proteins, fibres, antioxidants. Use grains such as amaranth, durrah, teff, quinoa, various seeds, peas, beans, lentils, almonds and nuts. Germinate/sprout seeds,peas, beans, lentils, almonds and nuts for 12-24 hours.
- Let the majority of your food (about 80 %) be fresh raw vegetables and fruits with low glycemic index, and anti-inflammatory spices and teas such as puerh, yerba & olive. Supplement Vitamin D, omega3, turmeric and probiotics – the four corner stones of antiinflammation. Supplement also iodine as KJ or Kelp.
- Practise daily fasting as Peak fasting (intake of calories 6/24 hours) either as SKIPPING BREAKFAST (no food before noon) or SKIPPING DINNER (no food after 14 pm)
ANTI‐INFLAMMATORY TURMERIC COCKTAIL
½ ‐ 1 glass fruit juice
1 heapedl tablespoon turmeric powder
1 heaped teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon – OBS! Not Saigon cinnamon (toxic)
¼ teaspoon or more chilipeppar (Cayenne) powder
¼ teaspoon or more ground cloves
½ ‐ 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
22 episodes available. A new episode about every 31 days averaging 49 mins duration .