Manage episode 204419616 series 2287170
From working in higher education to full time UX designer in 10 months.
In this episode, she is completely candid about the confusing process of trying to find a path to change careers into tech.
We also get into what she actually does day to day in her new job.
Amazingly, she went from never having heard of UX, to being offered full time employment in that role in less than a year. We talk about exactly what she tried, what worked and what didn’t, anxiety, failures and sticking with it until she got her job offer.
- Newbie’s Guide to why your CSS might not be updating by Meghan
- The Newbie’s Guide to Slack by Meghan
- The Physical Therapy website redesign we discussed
- Meghan’s Pinterest Design Project
- Corey Latislaw twitter: Philly Android dev who moved to SF for Pinterest
- PhillyCHI “PhillyCHI is the Philadelphia region’s chapter of the ACM SIGCHI, an interdisciplinary academic and professional group interested in human-computer interaction, user experience, usability, and other related disciplines.”
- Mockup tools: Omnigraffle, Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure
- An interesting quote from Meghan: “UX is about reducing anxiety.”
This was my 2nd interview ever, and I was nervous, so I enjoyed a quick beer before going up to her office.
3 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 77 mins duration .