Manage episode 231869033 series 2385063
While attending the NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference in Silicon Valley, Chris met up with Adam Stooke, a speaker and PhD student at UC Berkeley who is doing groundbreaking work in large-scale deep reinforcement learning and robotics. Adam took Chris on a tour of deep reinforcement learning - explaining what it is, how it works, and why it’s one of the hottest technologies in artificial intelligence!
- DigitalOcean – Check out DigitalOcean’s dedicated vCPU Droplets with dedicated vCPU threads. Get started for free with a $100 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- O'Reilly Open Source Software Conference – OSCON has been ground zero for the open source community for 20 years. This year they’ve expanded to become a “software development conference” — because in 2019, software development IS open source. The program covers everything from open source, AI, infrastructure, blockchain, edge computing, architecture, and emerging languages. Use the code
CHANGELOG20to get 20% off Bronze, Silver, and Gold passes.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
Notes and Links
- NVIDIA GTC: Doing More with More: Recent Achievements in Large-Scale Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Accelerated Methods for Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Accelerated Methods for Deep Reinforcement Learning - code
- OpenAI Five - Dota 2
- AlphaStar: Mastering the Real-Time Strategy Game StarCraft II
- NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship
- The Hertz Foundation
48 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 43 mins duration .