Manage episode 177227028 series 1355729
Removing the Barriers to Create Video Content on Your Blog
In today’s lesson, I’ve got some very practical and actionable information for you on how to shoot great video for your blog using your smartphone.
As I’ve mentioned a few times lately in episodes – video is becoming one of the hottest types of content online. While the written word isn’t going anywhere video content helps you to grow your reach, stand out from the crowd, make a connection with your audience and is highly shareable.
We’ve all heard about the opportunity but if you’re anything like me – you have a few questions, challenges and barriers that stop you getting into video.
- I don’t have the right gear!
- I don’t feel comfortable in front of camera?
- I don’t know the first thing about the technicalities of shooting and editing good video?
Recently at SMMW I bumped into a fellow Aussie by the name of Justin Brown who was doing a workshop on how to create great video using the camera that most of us already own – the one in our smart phone. Justin teaches how to create great online video at his site – primalvideo.com
I heard so many great things about Justin’s workshop that as soon as I got home I decided to get him on the podcast. I just finished our interview and I’m so excited by what Justin shared.
Over the next 35 minutes Justin is going to remove all of the barriers to getting into video that I just mentioned.
- He’s going to tell you what gear you need (your smartphone is #1). We talk affordable options for mics, lights, apps etc.
- He shares tips on getting comfortable on camera.
- Tips on how to set up your shot – we talk framing, lighting and more
- He gives tips on editing your videos – he suggests apps and software as well as how to approach the edit
- And we finish up by talking about how to export your video so it’s ready to be used online.
This is a highly practical interview that we designed to help you to create that first video.
Tools and Apps mentioned in this episode:
- Lavalier: BOYA BY-M1 (approximately $20)
- Shotgun: RODE VideoMicro (approximately $59)
- Wireless: RODE Wireless Filmmaker Kit (approximately $399) (not mentioned but a wireless option)
Lighting – Portable:
Lighting – Studio (not mentioned but worth checking out)::
- SOFTBOX: StudioFX Lighting Kit (approximately $79)
- LED: StudioPRO S-600D Dimmable 600 LED Kit (approximately $426)
Wide Angle Lens:
- Techo Universal Professional HD Camera Lens Kit (approximately $16)
Tripods (not mentioned but worth checking out):
- SMALL: Arkon Tripod + Phone Mount (approximately $20)
- MEDIUM: Velbon EX mini (approximately $35)
- LARGE: Slik Video Sprint 2 (approximately $152)
Monitoring Software (PC/Mac)
Link to Justin’s site – Primal Video
Join the video challenge in our Facebook group
How did you go with today’s episode?
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.
266 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 26 mins duration .