This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: Product People
When? This feed was archived on March 13, 2017 23:53 (). Last successful fetch was on March 13, 2017 21:50 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 154217928 series 1116331
Dan Norris is the co-founder of WP Curve, and the author of The 7 Day Startup. He gave himself 1 year to build a profitable product. After spending a year on a product called Inform.ly, with no profits to show for it, he came up with the idea for WP Curve, and made it got his first paying customer in 4 days.
- “With my first business, I just wasn’t selling something people wanted.” – Dan Norris
- “We’ve launched 4 business in the last 12 months, and 3 of them failed. We started listening to customers and focused on the 1 business that was working.” – Dan Norris
- “Don’t make decisions based on assumption.” – Dan Norris
- “Launch the business in a week; and then don’t make any more assumptions. Make the decisions after you launch.” – Dan Norris
- “With WP Curve I knew right away that people would pay for it. With my first business, I had to build it for 6 months before I could figure out that people would pay for it.” – Dan Norris
- “The only two people who can give you real feedback about your product are people who just purchased it and people who just canceled.” – Jason Fried via Dan Shipper
- “When people cancel, we ask them a simple question: what did we do wrong?” – Dan Norris
PS: By the way, I’m working on something new called Product People Club. Go to productpeople.club, and sign up for the waiting list. I’ll have something to announce shortly!
82 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 40 mins duration .