Manage episode 226880009 series 2390752
Welcome to Episode 134 of Profit Boss Radio. Today’s show covers a more serious and somber topic about financial recovery after the loss of a spouse. While none of us wants to imagine life without our partner, it is a possibility for all of at some point in our lives, especially as we age.
Therefore, please join me as I have this serious conversation with my guest Kathleen M. Rehl, Ph.D., CFP®, CeFT® , widow and author of the multi-award-winning book, Moving Forward on Your Own: A Financial Guidebook for Widows. Kathleen shares her personal journey after the loss of her husband and how she now lifts other women to navigate through the foggy and complex financial reality that often awaits widows and on the other side of loss.
Hear about ways you can prepare your finances preemptively in the event of loss and the most common financial missteps to avoid immediately following a spouses death.What you’ll find out in this episode
- Kathleen’s personal story about personal loss and tremendous grief
- The average age of a wife who becomes a widow
- The three stages of grief: grief, growth, grace
- Financial planning steps you can take now to set yourself up for success no matter what the future holds
- What widows can do when surviving family members try to come in and control finances after the loss of a spouse
- What’s possible in the phase of “growth”and what financial matters are often addressed in this phase
- Kathleen’s story of grace and how she entered a new life after her husband’s death
For more details, please visit the show notes on our website here: https://www.hilaryhendershott.com/widows-wealth-recover-financially/
145 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 42 mins duration .