Manage episode 232630237 series 1148202
Welcome to episode 142 of Profit Boss® Radio! As of this episode, I am taking a brief summer hiatus so that I can focus on the $50K Wealth Multiplier Experience and, more importantly, family and my daughter’s health. I do have some homework for you this summer and plenty of useful resources along the way, however!
When is the last time you reviewed your and your spouse’s beneficiary elections for all your accounts to make sure that they everything is set up the way it should be? If you're scratching your head wondering when that might have been, it's probably been too long.
Your beneficiary elections are incredibly important. To ensure that your estate plan is executed properly in the event the need arises, you want to be certain beneficiary information is up to date. Learn the estate planning mistakes to avoid in this week's episode of Profit Boss® Radio.
Here’s what you’ll find out in this week’s episode of Profit Boss® Radio
- The importance of making sure that beneficiary forms are up to date
- The difference between gift tax and estate tax, and how it can impact your estate planning wishes
- How people normally elect their beneficiaries (and the things you should consider when making these important decisions)
- How I personally set up my estate for my daughter Harlyn
- Why I generally don't recommend anyone inheriting an estate under the age of 35
- How utilizing trusts in your estate plan provides specific parameters for how and when beneficiaries receive benefits
For more details, please visit the show notes on our website here: https://www.hilaryhendershott.com/avoid-beneficiary-mistakes/