Manage episode 247802150 series 1088550
In this episode, Joe interviews Dena Justice from the Ecstatic Collective. Dena and Joe talk about Neuro Linguistic Programming and how it is beneficial to use with non-ordinary states of consciousness.3 Key Points:
- NLP is Neuro Linguistic Programming. Dena Justice is a Lifestyle Design Strategist that uses NLP to help people create their dream, ecstatic life.
- 93% of communication happens at the subconscious level. NLP training focuses on how we use communication tools to help people in non-ordinary states of consciousness.
- Perception is Projection. Our belief of someone else, is a projection of ourselves onto them.
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Share us with your friends – favorite podcast, etc
- Join our Facebook group - Psychedelics Today group – Find the others and create community.
- Dena grew up with NLP in her life
- NLP is Neuro Linguistic Programming
- “You get to create your reality, what are you choosing consciously?” - Dena
- She became impacted by Tony Robbin’s events, and decided to teach NLP
- NLP is about language and communication and things that are happening subconsciously
- 93% of communication happens at the unconscious level
- Perception is projection
- “If I have a belief about someone else, that is my projection of myself onto them” - Dena
- The big no-no in NLP is to say things like don't or not
- Say it the way you intend it
- What messages do you want to enforce when in an altered state? You want it to be positive
- “What is someone creating in their reality based on their unconscious communication?” - Dena
- It's important to take NLP and combine it with non-ordinary states because they are more powerful together than the sum of them separately
- The ‘aha’ moment happens because we have neural networks in every single cell in our body
- Resistance is always a sign of a breakthrough
- Virginia Satir is known for translating people’s representational systems
- In the Hierarchy of Ideas, Virginia was all about ‘chunking down’
- When someone says “I'm upset” then you ask “how specifically?”
- On the opposing side, Milton Erickson focuses on abstraction, chunking higher to get to trance
- Dena uses the Milton model of hypnosis to bring people into trance states
- Dena offers NLP training that focuses on how we use communication tools to help people in non-ordinary states of consciousness
- It's so important to understand the 93% of communication that is happening at an unconscious level
- Timeline therapy is a process that utilizes the unconscious mind to get rid of negative emotions such as anger, sadness and guilt
- Every part of her training concludes with NLP coaching
- The Milton model and hypnosis is really beneficial when focusing on its delivery specifically
- Hypnosis is important because its using everyday words but with intention and volition to put people into a trance state
- We reduce resistance in communication when we move up in abstraction
As a master manifester, Dena has created a beautiful life for herself. She been financially responsible since age 15 including putting herself through college, two masters degrees and purchasing her own home in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has made over $1M in her life through a fulfilling career as a facilitator, educator, trainer, mentor and coach working with thousands of people across the country. She loved her career, yet hit a point where she felt empty. Near the top of her career ladder, she was a classic case of a high performer and leader hitting burnout. She chose a powerful pivot out of her J-O-B and into her own business. Now, she helps other high performers who have hit burnout and are scared to admit they’ve hit a plateau or a wall. She helps them get the eff out of their own way and move to the next level to increase their impact so they feel fulfilled and inspired again, as well as helping them create more wealth and the relationships they want in their lives. She helps people experience new levels of success, increase/improve focus and performance, abolish FOMO, evolve communication skills, develop transformational leadership skills, create amazing relationships, increase financial abundance and live life on their own terms.
Use code PSYTODAY at Onnit for a discount on all products except fitness equipment
Get a 30 day free audible trial at audibletrial.com/psychedelicstoday