Manage episode 255524864 series 1295979
Kristin and Dan spoke to Professor Mary-Louise McLaws from the University of New South Wales Faculty of Medicine. Professor McLaws is a renowned infection control expert with extensive experience in novel viruses such as SARS. She is also an expert on pandemics and outbreak investigations.
• Why do novel virus cause so much concern compared to known entities such as the flu?
• How does COVID-19 compare to influenza or SARS?
• The finer points of quarantine
• An overview of surgical vs N95 masks and what is appropriate for COVID-19
• The treatments (remdesivir, chloroquine & angiotensin II receptor antagonists) for COVID-19 and when we can expect a vaccine for prevention