Manage episode 152291321 series 1055659
Astros-Cardinals breach and the importance of passwords. Hard coded passwords found in Fortinet devices. IoT doorbells giving away passwords and of course Tactical Edge.
In this episode: Ed, Chris, Wolf, and Tim discuss the Cardinals breach of the Astros. IoT doorbells sending wifi passwords in clear text. Yet another network device company has hard coded passwords in its code. Finally, Tactical Edge, again.
- Astros-Cardinals breach breakdown
- How to Hack WiFi Password from Smart Doorbells by Mohit Kumar – The Hacker News
- Et tu, Fortinet? Hard-coded password raises new backdoor eavesdropping fears by Dan Goodin – arstechnica
- Tactical Edge
- BSides Huntsville 06 February – Ed’s presenting “Seriously, what the &^*& is Network Segmentation?” & Paul’s talk is “10 Pitfalls of SOC, IH & IR”
- Security Culture Conference in Oslo, Norway 14-15 June – CFP Open – Paul’s putting together a talk as we speak
- Converge Detroit & BSides Detroit in the Arsenal of Democracy, Detroit, Michigan, US of A 14-15 July – CFP Open – Will there be another PVCSec LIVE? Stay tuned!
94 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days .