Manage episode 196482335 series 1964439
Papers discussed in this Section 2 podcast:
- Domingos, Pedro. 2012. “A Few Useful Things to Know about Machine Learning.” Communications of the ACM 55 (10):78.
- Luo W, Phung D, Tran T, Gupta S, Rana S, Karmakar C, Shilton A, Yearwood J, Dimitrova N, Ho TB, Venkatesh S, Berk M “Guidelines for Developing and Reporting Machine Learning Predictive Models in Biomedical Research: A Multidisciplinary View” J Med Internet Res 2016;18(12):e323 DOI: 10.2196/jmir.5870
- Feature Engineering
- Improving model performance
- More data
- Better algorithms
- Review of checklists for writing machine learning papers.
- Student questions
- Knowledge vs Data
- JMIR reputation
- Informatics journals and computer science proceedings
- Sample size for good classifier performance.
6 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 33 mins duration .