Manage episode 221599015 series 1414883
Radically Loved Podcast
Rod Stryker is a world-renowned yoga and meditation teacher, author and creator of the most comprehensive online yoga teacher training in the world. He is also my teacher!
Rod has spent the last forty years teaching the practices of yoga, meditation and yoga nidra around the world. He works one on one with clients, helping them find and keep enlightenment, as well as corporations, introducing them to the holistic methods to provide healthy, thriving work spaces.
I work closely with Rod as his student and find myself constantly mesmerized by his tight tie to his inner knowing. Spending hours with him reminds me that we are humans interacting with each other, and it is up to each individual to be the light we choose to spread throughout the world through our interactions.
In this episode of Radically Loved, Rod and I talk about how technology is affecting our brain chemistry and why we find ourselves so addicted to Netflix and our cellphones. We discuss yoga nidra and how it is the most powerful form of sleep and meditation available. Lastly, Rod explains how to identify unhappiness and where to begin in shifting into a space of happiness and fulfillment.
Radically Vibrant Rod
- Using Yoga Nidra to find peace and relaxation in place of meditation
- Becoming aware of the amount of endorphins we are stimulating in our brains through social media and understanding the consequences of our relationships because of it
- Identifying our unhappiness, analyzing our patterns and finding the solution through asking, how much joy is in my life?
Radically Inspired Clarity
- Yoga Nidra is more efficient than sleep, giving you the equivalent of two hours of sleep in twenty minutes of a practice
- Our nervous systems are the same as they were thousands of years ago, yet we aren’t feeding them as we used to due to technology and that’s what has led the western world to increased stress levels
- Learning to love yourself and seeking out who you really are by finding the part of your soul that doesn’t change is a fundamental part of lifelong development
Rod Stryker Answers…
- What are the healing benefits of Yoga Nidra and how is it utilized for people with past trauma?
- How do we eradicate our inability to identify that we are unhappy or unfulfilled?
- What rituals do you practice and commit to on a daily basis?
- What is your hope for the younger generations?
Radically Loved Quotes
“We become so disconnected and as a result of that disconnection our nervous system is upside down. Most of us are always in the sympathetic rhythm which means, fight or flight.”
“Forget what I learned through yoga, because I don’t just want to insert that. Something’s not working and, is there stuff that the yoga tradition can tell us that can help us find solutions?”
“People who look for the benefits of meditation but find meditation difficult, will find the same thing they are trying to access through Yoga Nidra.”
“If you are able to relax, it is a privilege.”
More About Our Guest
Rod Stryker is a yoga and meditation teacher. He has spent forty years teaching individuals and companies how to cultivate yoga practices and meditation techniques into their daily lives. He is also the author of The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom. Rod has recently launched his app, Sanctuary, to help people around the world become masters of meditation and yoga nidra. Learn more at rodstryker.com
JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP:
This episode of Radically Loved is sponsored by the Four Sigmatic Mushroom Focus Shot.
Use the promo code RadicallyLoved to receive a discount on your next order.
Join me in Scotland, as I lead a radically loved group of yogis through finding their life purpose, move them past their limiting beliefs and connect them to their higher purpose. April 13th-April 20th, 2019, Learn more here.