Manage episode 291663398 series 2781367
The idea of defending his new home with a gun is weighing on Stephen pretty heavily this week. We talk about Christian pacifism, the ethics of lethal home defense, deontological batman, designs to kill, hunting, and more.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Fight by Preston Sprinkle
- Matthew 26:50-56 - Disarming Peter and the Church
- Crucifixion of the Warrior God by Greg Boyd
- Cross Vision by Greg Boyd
- WOLC Brian Zahnd Sermon Podcast
- What about Hitler? by Robert Brimlow
- Beating Guns by Shane Claiborne and Michael Martin
- Isaiah 2:4 - Swords into Plowshares
- Do You Like Paying For War? These Christians Refuse Sojourner article
- Superheroes and Philosophy by Tom Morris
- Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Decides? by Sheldon Ekland-Olsen
Follow the hosts on Twitter:
Ravel is a proud founding member of the Highline Media Network, bringing the art of podcasting back to normal people in normal places.