Manage episode 239371044 series 2431731
Jay Acker SUCCESS CALL …
***Note: If you can not see the audio player above, REFRESH your browser and try again.
To listen on iTunes, click HERE.
To download, right click the “Download” link below and “save as” to your computer.
Download FULL Running Time: 49 minutes
Jay Acker is with Keller Williams Realty in Denton, Texas. Last year, he, his wife Carissa, and team closed 380 transactions with a total sales volume of 93 million and earned 2.5 million in GCI. His average sales price was 244 thousand of which 55% were buyers and 45% were sellers.
Jay has a 24 member team: 18 team agents, 1 transaction coordinator, 1 listing manager, 1 marketing manager, 1 runner, 1 COO, and 1 CEO.
Jay is the COO of the Real Estate By Design Group. He has been an agent for 12 years and works the metro Dallas Fort Worth market.
In this call, Jay talks about:
- Working in property management and corporate relocation before join forces with his wife to start a real estate team
- How to work successfully with your spouse by defining roles
- Retooling the business during market fluctuations
- 3 major mistakes he made growing the business and the lessons he learned
- How he gets 70% of his business by repeat & referrals from past clients and sphere of influence
- Why he throws a mix of small and big client events
- How one event resulted in 18 referrals and 11 closings
- Running a staff lean team for efficiency and profit
- Team dynamics, compensation, profit margins, and more
- 380 closings
- 93 million sales volume
- 24 member team:
- 18 team agents
- 1 transaction coordinator
- 1 listing manager
- 1 marketing manager
- 1 runner
- 1 COO
- 1 CEO
- repeat & referrals
- past clients
- sphere of influence
(originally published on 05/21/18)