Manage episode 203651968 series 1265475
The cannabis industry is exploding right now. There are amazing opportunities out there if you find the right deal. My business partner Ben Hoskins is here today to talk about the ever changing cannabis industry and some of the opportunities that are out there right now.
We talk about the different markets, supply and demand, and what states are the best to invest in right now. We also talk about regulations and licensing and why we already possess several of Nevada’s limited licenses. Cannabis and Crypto are going to be bigger than the dot com boom. It’s time to learn about these huge opportunities.You can find Ben here:
- [01:55] The marijuana business is continuing to expand. Licences, regulations, and legalization is continuing to expand. The California market is booming. The Nevada Market is continuing to expand.
- [02:18] There is continued progress toward legalization of medical marijuana on a global scale.
- [02:32] It's a lot of fun to be a part of this industry because of the amazing explosive growth.
- [03:01] The trend of prices dropping in Washington and Oregon. There is an ongoing increasing supply. Price is based on supply and demand.
- [03:42] You'll never make as much money in medical marijuana on a per pound bases as you will at the beginning of legalization.
- [03:52] Washington has low prices because they have large outdoor grow facilities. There is a shortage of indoor grown high-quality product.
- [04:32] There is still solid pricing with the ability to make a profit.
- [04:39] Prices plummet because there is so much margin, you go from a 10X margin down to 2X, and you are still making money.
- [05:36] Distribution is the key to making money with a great product.
- [05:49] You can't just grow marijuana and make money. You still have to be efficient and run a business. You have to sell and market too.
- [06:32] Where the real opportunity is at. California is the single largest market. We want to capitalize on that.
- [07:42] The nature of the business is completely changing and people are going to have to comply with the new regulations.
- [08:20] California chaos and the oversupply in California with product that is not up to regulations. There is a tremendous opportunity in California.
- [09:21] Currently, you can get licenses in the other legalized states, but you can't get a license in Nevada. They will probably open up other avenues at a later time. We capitalized upon that and already have our licenses for Nevada.
- [10:35] Nevada has protected against the collapse by limiting the amount of licenses.
- [10:51] We like the California and Nevada market, and we see the value of globalization.
- [11:19] Outside of California and Nevada, Michigan is probably the greatest market for cannabis right now.
- [12:34] The investing opportunities in cannabis. First, you want something with a legally compliant structure. Regulation D allows for private placement capital. I'm also excited about regulation A.
- [14:50] I want to find a deal that already has licenses ripe for zoning.
- [15:56] I like middle stage opportunities where the company has already identified the assets and the licensing and are in the building and developing phase.
- [16:14] There is also an upside to companies that are going public.
- [16:52] Partnering and going in with other people is a much better opportunity for people who don't have marijuana experience.
- [17:20] It's a big world out there and there are health issues in other markets. There are 35 countries around the world that have existing legalized marijuana licenses.
- [18:35] These countries want suppliers, they don't envision growing marijuana in their countries.
- [19:03] Eventually, companies like China and India will come around as well.
- [19:46] The most important thing is to be networking and finding out information, so you will be able to take advantage of these opportunities when they come.
- [20:45] You need to be ready to recognize a good deal when you see it and be able to take action on that deal.
- [21:27] How cannabis and crypto will make the dot com the dot bomb.
140 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 16 mins duration .