Manage episode 183129198 series 1265475
Today’s guest has been in the construction business for 40 years and running. Findlay Johannson and his brothers founded their family business and has experienced building and constructing many things - from horse farms to hotels.
Findlay joins me today to discuss how he and his team help people see the things they need when planning construction projects. He shares how the different construction elements are connected into one big picture and specifies the essential things you need to know such as the right questions to ask when looking for people to execute the project and the necessary items to mention in the contract.
“Through the many years of construction and doing different things, we’ve been able to connect owners of buildings and stuff with the things they need as opposed to the things they think they need.” - Findlay Johannson
In This Episode of Real Money Talks:
- Significance of understanding the functionality of the different components of a construction
- Why Findlay wants to sit down with homeowners before they engage and reach out to engineers and other contractors
- What to do if you don’t want to be involved in the details of the project planning
- Questions to ask when looking for the right contractor
- Stipulations to include in the contract
Steps for Owners Who Want to Be Hands-On in the Project:
- Talk to a contractor first.
- Develop the scale of the plan.
- Look for architects and engineers you want to work with.
Subscribe, Rate & Share Real Money Talks!
Loral Langemeier is on a mission – to educate and empower the Real Money Talks community on how to have those important money talks that are straight, to the point, and can be applied to every aspect of your life. So, tune in every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on iTunes to learn, ask Loral a question, and create your path to financial freedom! Don’t forget to leave a review and grab your free gifts on AskLoral.com!
135 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 14 mins duration .