Manage episode 329154695 series 2818639
Mo asks Chris Graham: If you could record a video around growth skills and send it to your younger self, what would it say?
- Chris’s message would be simple: Think bigger, quicker.
- Chris had been entrepreneurial his whole career, but he didn’t have the vision at the time to be able to make the leap to start his own law firm.
- Before starting Crown Capital, Chris didn’t know exactly what a private equity firm did on a day-to-day basis, but he knew he was interested and there was an opportunity for him there. He reached out to other private equity firms and sold them on the skills and connections he had to get some experience, and doing that eliminated the mystery.
- Use the value you have and try to get involved. Maybe you’ll have a better way to do it, which is what Chris discovered, or you will learn what you need to know to make a decision.
- Asking somebody to mentor you is a powerful move, people love to mentor when they can and often they can become invested in your success. A great question to ask is, “I need a mentor in this space to make the transition. Are you available?”
Mentioned in this Episode:
Crown Capital Investments on YouTube - youtube.com/channel/UCLstgUIyDH9bRFTHH0vWAbg