Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#260: Celebrity Trainer, Ashley Borden: Improving Lives Through Fitness
Manage episode 217258089 series 2394722
From a young age Ashley Borden felt an inherent connection to fitness. But she was plagued with an eating disorder throughout most of her teens.
At only 18 years old she hit rock bottom. It wasn’t until she found the right balance of exercise and nutrition that her life began to change for the better.
Overcoming her own personal struggles sparked Ashley’s passion for helping others.
She became a Personal Trainer, Lifestyle Consultant and one of the most successful, sought-after women in the fitness industry. Her clientele includes some of Hollywood’s most recognizable faces and elite professional athletes from the UFC, NFL and MLS.
Accruing over 35,000 hours of personal training experience has taught Ashley what it takes to become a great trainer and succeed in the fitness industry. If you want to speed up your learning curve and put yourself on the fast track to success listen as we discuss:
- How did Ashley first discover fitness? [3:58]
- The upside to social media and how to use it to your advantage. [8:03]
- What motivates her to help people get fit and strong? [15:16]
- How she overcame multiple eating disorders to create a career in fitness. [24:58]
- An effective way to become a better trainer and how fitness has changed Ashley’s life. [32:15]
- Is it possible to benefit from a training related injury? [34:24]
- Why your approach to training becomes even more important with age. [37:14]
- The fitness myths, misconceptions and lies that are keeping you from having the body you want. [39:09]
- Is foam rolling while on THC awesome for recovery? [45:42]
- How she’s able to eat what she wants and still have a great body. [48:39]
- What does her training look like these days? [52:23]
- How was she able to get such high-profile clients? [55:38]
- Do you need people skills to be a great trainer? [1:02:59]
- Why it’s important to know the clients you want to work with and say no to the rest. [1:08:04]
- Don’t try to do it alone; business tips for more success and why you must take more risks. [1:10:43]
- It’s never too late to be your best; why age isn’t an excuse. [1:14:54]
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens helps detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less at www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
299 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 64 mins duration .