Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#277: Overcome Your Fear with Self-Defense Expert, Tony Blauer
Manage episode 225104318 series 2394722
Everyone feels fear. From the biggest, toughest, most jacked dudes on earth to small children and frail, elderly women, fear is an emotion all humans know well.
If we all feel it, what separates those who take action and do what’s necessary in the face of fear from those who let it cripple them?
The answer can sometimes mean the difference between life and death.
Tony Blauer has dedicated his life to teaching people how to understand and manage their fear even, and especially, in the most stressful, dangerous and violent situations. He is the creator of the Spontaneous Protection Enabling Accelerated Response (S.P.E.A.R.) self-defense system.
Back on Renegade Radio for the 2nd time, in this episode Tony provides an in-depth explanation of the emotion known as fear and teaches you what happens physiologically when you experience it.
Whether it’s so you can defend yourself if necessary, give an amazing presentation, perform well in a job interview or just have the confidence of knowing you’ll take action when faced with it, you must learn to conquer your fear. But before you can defeat it, you need to understand it. To learn how, listen as we discuss:
- Why Tony started doing Tai chi with Dr. Mark Cheng [12:23]
- Is his intensity sometimes misconstrued? [18:25]
- Would fear stop you from defending yourself? [22:59]
- Why learning self-defense is as easy has flipping a switch. [31:26]
- Does he actually teach self-defense, or is it something else? [37:39]
- Strategies you can implement today to lower the “fear spike” of a violent encounter. [43:14]
- How he created an algorithm for self-defense by teaching the elderly. [55:42]
- What happens to your body during an attack? [1:03:27]
- Tips to mentally prepare for a big meeting, speech or presentation. [1:08:05]
- Does he ever second guess himself and is he still his own worst critic? [1:16:00]
- How has he improved and what means more to him now than it did 20 years ago? [1:20:10]
- His thoughts on man’s search for meaning and creating amazing relationships. [1:26:24]
- What got him reignited to start writing his book? [1:32:23]
This episode is brought to you by Organifi, an organic, superfood supplement line that makes quality trusted nutrition convenient and accessible. Their Daily Tumeric helps promote a healthy response to inflammation in your body.
Click HERE or go to www.organifi.com/jay to get 20% off your order by using the coupon code “JAY” at checkout.
This episode is brought to you by Caffeine and Kilos. They make delicious, high caffeine coffee perfect for smashing PR's and awesome apparel that will make you look great in and out of the gym.
Get their delicious coffee and more by going HERE and get 10% off your order as a listener of Renegade Radio.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens helps detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less at www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
299 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 64 mins duration .