Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#278: The Setpoint Solution: Lose Weight and Keep it Off with SANESolution Founder, Jonathan Bailor
Manage episode 225516986 series 2394722
Have you tried losing weight in the past but just couldn’t make progress no matter how little you ate or how much you exercised?
Even worse, have you managed to lose weight in the past only to gain it all back, and then some?
The problem most likely is NOT a lack of discipline and consistency, or any character flaw.
The problem is your current “Setpoint,” and learning what it is and how to change it will help you finally get the results you want.
Jonathan Bailor is the founder of SANESolution.com. His SANE program is rooted in the modern science that weight gain and diabetes are not character flaws, but instead are symptoms of an elevated Setpoint Weight caused by “insane” foods and yo-yo dieting.
He is also the NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of the book, “The Calorie Myth.”
His newest book is, “The Setpoint Diet: The 21-Day Program to Permanently Change What Your Body ‘Wants’ to Weigh.” The Setpoint Diet provides a breakthrough eating plan proven to help anyone who wants to improve their metabolic health, blood sugar and weight naturally and permanently by lowering their “setpoint.”
The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. If you want to learn about the SANE approach to losing weight and keeping it off, listen as we discuss:
- What inspired him to write the new book? [1:51]
- What exactly is a “setpoint”? [2:29]
- Why do contestants of Biggest Loser usually gain all the weight back? [4:38]
- Why eating less and doing more exercise is NOT the way to change your setpoint. [6:16]
- How can you become “fat proof”? [9:35]
- What can someone do to heal their metabolism? [11:04]
- Does your brain chemistry impact your weight loss? [17:22]
- How he takes a minimalist approach to exercise. [26:38]
- What information made a HUGE impact on his life? [28:00]
- Why low carb eating has profound benefits to your lifestyle. [31:22]
- Can people with anxiety benefit from a higher carb diet? [34:25]
- What is ‘leptin’ and why is it and other hormones important? [35:15]
- Why he only works out twice a week. [41:55]
- How does your lifestyle affect testosterone levels? [44:05]
- The OPTIMAL foods to add to your diet today! [48:10]
- What nutraceuticals does he find beneficial? [55:25]
- What is the “21 Day Set Point Solution”? [56:10]
This episode is brought to you by Caffeine and Kilos. They make delicious, high caffeine coffee perfect for smashing PR's and awesome apparel that will make you look great in and out of the gym.
Get their delicious coffee and more by going HERE and get 10% off your order as a listener of Renegade Radio.
This episode is also brought to you by Cured Nutrition. CBD is a game changer when it comes to reducing inflammation and improving sleep quality. Cured Nutrition makes CBD-infused products from Colorado-grown organic hemp. Their spices and nut-based cookie dough are delicious and so easy to incorporate into any well-rounded health and fitness program. For deep relaxation and ultimate recovery try their concentrated oils and gel caps.
Visit www.CuredNutrition.com and use the coupon code, “JAY” for a 15% discount.
302 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 65 mins duration .