Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#282: Strong Mind, Strong Body & Strong Coffee with Adam Von Rothfelder
Manage episode 227616830 series 2394722
Do you like the NBC show, Strong?
If so, you’re going to love this episode with Adam Von Rothfelder.
A fitness coach of some of the country’s most elite CEO’s and Executives, Adam was featured on Strong as one of America’s Top 10 Trainers.
He is also a former MMA fighter, successful gym owner, fitness model and the Founder and CEO of Strong Coffee Company.
In this episode I sat down with Adam, and previous guest on Renegade Radio, Kenny Santucci of Solace New York, to discuss training, nutrition, overcoming adversity, the power of coffee, marijuana, success and life.
Listen as we discuss:
- Why action film stars, the movie “White Men Can’t Jump” and getting picked on inspired him to start training. [7:55]
- How the loss of his older brother sparked his career in MMA. [11:16]
- How did he know about training with the “Russian Dumbbell” (AKA Kettlebell) before they were a thing? [24:06]
- How he got on the reality TV show “Strong”, the strange process involved and a behind the scenes look at his experience. [27:56]
- What is his fitness philosophy and what kind of programming does he prescribe? [43:19]
- Fit is Fit – Why you should remember you don’t always have to lift weights to get some exercise. [54:29]
- The guys discuss the stigma surrounding cannabis and other controlled substances. [1:04:29]
- What does his nutrition look like? [1:10:14]
- Adam explains Strong Coffee Company, the problem with coffee & chaperoning caffeine the proper way. [1:12:57]
- Why do the people you surround yourself with make such a huge difference in your own life? [1:25:10]
This episode is brought to you by Strong Coffee Company, a brand for people who aspire to reach their potential. Strong Coffee brings a specialty coffee experience to consumers in a healthy done-for-you pre-mixed powder that includes instant organic coffee, grass-fed collagen protein, and MCT oil powder to fuel your mind and body for hours.
Go to www.strongcoffeecompany.com/renegade to get 15% off your order as a listener of Renegade Radio.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens helps detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less at www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
299 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 64 mins duration .