Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#304: The 3 Rules of Leadership with U.S. Navy SEAL, Jason Redman
Manage episode 240442077 series 2394722
If you want to succeed in life you’ve gotta learn how to be a leader and develop the grit to overcome adversity. The all-new #RenegadeRadioPodcast features a man that may know more about both than anyone else, Jason Redman.
A retired U.S. Navy SEAL, he suffered devastating injuries when he and his team came under heavy machine-gun fire while fighting the war in Iraq. Shot twice in the arm and once in the face, he managed to survive through the heroic acts of his teammates and his own will to live.
Jason overcame seemingly insurmountable odds, and hardships the likes of which most people will never know, to recover and continue living a rewarding and successful life.
He’s the founder and Executive Director of Wounded Wear, which later became Combat Wounded Coalition, a Non-Profit organization that supports those wounded in war and families of the fallen. He’s also the founder and CEO of SOF Spoken, a speaking company which provides inspirational presentations on leadership, teamwork and overcoming adversity, and the author of “The Trident: The Forging and Reforging of a Navy SEAL Leader” and his newest book, “Overcome: Crush Adversity with the Leadership Techniques of America’s Toughest Warriors.”
Leadership isn’t about having a title or being “the boss”. It’s about having the right mindset, taking initiative, accepting responsibility and inspiring others through your example. To learn how to develop these skills and more listen as we discuss:
- The chilling story behind the injuries Jason suffered in combat. [10:41]
- Did being physically fit help save his life? [27:39]
- A surprising element of strong leadership. [33:02]
- Why he was determined to get back in shape and the huge obstacles he overcame to do it. [39:01]
- What does a week of training look like for him? [44:56]
- The Pentagon of Peak Performance. [47:56]
- How to become a better leader with the “3 Rules of Leadership” and “5 Key Areas”. [58:01]
- His “3 P’s” for success and how he leads by example. [1:12:25]
- How Jason evaluates his “ONE thing” to create balance in his life. [1:18:43]
- 72 Hours to Peak Performance: How to navigate your “life ambushes”. [1:24:14]
- The meaning behind his new book, Overcome. [1:32:16]
This episode is also brought to you by Organifi. Organifi helps you fight inflammation and improve your sleep with their outstanding, organic turmeric products.
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. I use it daily for better focus, improved workouts, and deeper sleep. Four Sigmatic is gut-friendly and contains less than half the caffeine of regular coffee.
Go to www.FourSigmatic.com/Jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by biOptimizers. MassZymes is the most powerful protein-digesting enzyme on the market. The formula contains 100,000 HUTs of protease per capsule which increases absorption of key amino acids and optimizes the effectiveness of the protein you’re eating.
Go to https://www.MassZymes.com/Renegade15 for your special offer as a listener of the Renegade Radio Podcast.