Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#156: Getting Jacked, Strong, and Built Like a Badass — Joe DeFranco
Manage episode 175707322 series 40307
Wanna know the best methods for getting big, strong, and athletic?
Today’s episode is just for you. My guest is Joe DeFranco. Joe is one of the most successful coaches in the entire strength and conditioning world and has worked with countless pro athletes, including none other than the 14 time WWE world heavyweight champion Triple H.
I’ve known Joe since 1996 and our training styles evolved in a very similar fashion, due to a lot of the same influences, which is one of the reasons I enjoy talking training with Joe more than just about anyone else on the planet.
On this episode we discuss:
- Joe’s keys to success
- His current training template
- How he would train an average guy to get in superhero shape
- Our favorite training template
- His take on direct arm training
- The results of his most recent blood work
- How he rebuilt his body at age 40
- His current diet and macro breakdown
- How continues to stay so motivated
- His favorite quote
- His go-to cheat meal
- Wrestlemania predictions
- The secret people don’t know about him
- And much more
We recorded this one live in San Diego during the weekend of the Fitness Business Summit, so my buddy, Luka Hocevar, happened to be there and jumped in on this episode as well.
I think you’re really gonna enjoy it.
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered.
It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Click HERE to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
This episode is also brought to you by The Renegade Strength Club, one of the best ways to simplify your life is to outsource things. If you’re not a fitness professional that means you should outsource your program design to someone who is. That someone would be your host, Jason (A.K.A. Jay) Ferruggia. Since 1994, he has helped countless guys get ripped, strong, jacked and yoked. His training methods have been battle tested time and time again. And they always deliver killer results.
As a Renegade Strength Club insider you get:
- Brand new workouts from Jay every month
- Coaching videos
- Answers to your questions
- Access to the club community
- The opportunity to participate in local meet ups
- The chance to enter contests like the Transformation Contest, and more where we offer cool prizes like Fat Gripz, t-shirts, etc.
Go to www.renegadestrengthclub.com to join us on the Dark Side and we’ll see you on the inside.
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 63 mins duration .