Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#172: Getting Jacked & Strong With Calisthenics ft. Al & Danny Kavadlo
Manage episode 181602722 series 40307
Can you get strong and jacked with nothing but your own bodyweight? Or is that just for beginners? Doesn’t bodyweight training just build endurance, but no real muscle and strength?
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Do you really need tons of fancy equipment? Do you need an expensive gym membership? Or can calisthenics alone build a great physique?
Hell yeah, they can. Danny and Al Kavadlo are my guests on this episode of Renegade Radio and are here to show you how it’s done.
- The best splits for getting jacked.
- The downside of always being ripped.
- How to simplify your nutrition for better results.
- The top bodyweight exercises for building muscle.
- How much cardio and conditioning do you really need?
- The biggest mistakes people make when doing calisthenics.
- How often you should change your program for the best results.
- The critical difference between skill training and strength training.
- How to optimally combine weight training with bodyweight exercises.
Listen to Renegade Radio:
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Bear Mattress. Bear Mattress is designed for optimal cooling, recovery, and pain relief. That result: you can sleep better and perform your best every day. Go to bearmattress.com and use the code “Renegade” to take $50 off your purchase. Bear Mattress uses exclusive technology so you can sleep better and improve your performance. Best of all? You get a100-night risk-free trial with no hidden charges or fees. Just remember to use the promo code “Renegade.”
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health.
You never know what’s going to come up in your day; however, with just one scoop of Athletic Greens when you wake up or add it to your morning smoothie, you know you have all of your bases covered. It’s easy, and it tastes great.
Go to http://www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to receive a special offer as a listener of the podcast.
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.
213 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 68 mins duration .