Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#253: Becoming a Superhero with Don Saladino
Manage episode 214208378 series 40307
Have you ever wondered how celebrities like Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman get their bodies so lean and muscular to prepare for roles like Dead Pool and Wolverine? While us mere mortals grind for years trying to build the perfect physique it seems like these guys are able to completely transform in a matter of months. What’s their secret? What (or who) do they know and do that the rest of us don’t?
In this episode of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast you’ll be introduced to the man behind many of Hollywood’s most impressive physiques, Don Saladino. Don is one of the world’s leading health and fitness experts, the owner of some of the most successful fitness facilities in NYC, Drive Health Clubs, and one of the most in demand and respected trainers in the business.
As we talk training, Don not only reveals how he helps build the physiques of A-list celebrities but he also shares how he got his body ready for the cover of Muscle & Fitness. He describes how he got started in fitness, explains how he landed some big name clients and gives actionable tips to help new coaches and trainers experience more success.
Whether your goal is to transform your body, or to succeed in the fitness industry by helping clients change theirs, this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
- How did Don first discover his passion for fitness? [3:42]
- At what point did he realize fitness was his career path? [6:35]
- How he landed his first high profile client and why he prefers to be referred to as a coach and not a celebrity trainer. [10:05]
- What you can learn from the mistakes Don made early in his career. [12:52]
- How he trained to get ready for the cover of Muscle & Fitness and how he keeps his body 2 weeks from cover ready all year long. [14:48]
- How should beginners train to build muscle, lose fat and gain strength? [19:42]
- How Don trained Ryan Reynolds to get jacked for his role in Dead Pool. [21:18]
- Is sticking to the plan keeping you and your clients from getting results? [24:17]
- Tips for building rapport with clients – can you be their trainer AND their friend? [28:27]
- How to eat to look, feel and perform like an athlete. [29:36]
- His business ventures with Garden of Life products and the food service, Epicured. [40:04]
- What you should keep in mind if you want to succeed in the fitness industry. [42:56]
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. Their brand new Mushroom Mocha Mix combines their super popular Mushroom Coffee with the goodness of chaga and criollo variety cacao to delight and soothe the senses, morning or night. Criollo variety cacao is grown in the foothills of the Andes and is arguably the best tasting and highest quality cacao on the planet. Mushroom mocha mix boasts 500mg of organic dual-extracted chaga per serving. Four Sigmatic is gut friendly and great for those who get an upset stomach from regular coffee. It gets you focused but not jittery, and contains less than half the caffeine of regular coffee. Four Sigmatic comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water, and it takes just a second to prepare.
Go to www.FourSigmatic.com/Jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health, there is no better all-in-one supplement than Athletic Greens. Detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less by going to www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
304 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 66 mins duration .