Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#256: NFL Training Secrets with NY Giants Strength Coach, Aaron Wellman
Manage episode 215361554 series 40307
How would you like to be lean, muscular, strong and athletic like an NFL player? Maybe you weren’t blessed with the athleticism to ever make it to the pros but that doesn’t mean you can’t look like one!
If you want to know the secrets to getting jacked like an NFL player don’t miss this episode of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast with NY Giants Strength Coach, Aaron Wellman.
Aaron is in his third season with the Giants following a 20 year career coaching at the Division I collegiate level. He has helped thousands of players get jacked, strong and ready for battle on the gridiron.
His training philosophies have been a game changer for the Giants as they have seen a substantial decrease in the number of season-ending injuries since Aaron’s arrival.
As the Giants set their sights on becoming Super Bowl Champions, Aaron’s coaching has played a pivotal role in preparing for the 2018 season. If you’re ready to get your physique in championship form listen as we discuss:
- What was Aaron’s path to becoming the head Strength Coach of the New York Giants? [4:45]
- How does being a strength coach to college athletes differ from coaching NFL players? [6:00]
- What changes has he seen in the recruiting process since his time coaching at the collegiate level? (7:18)
- How being an under sized kid with a passion for football led Aaron to weight training. [8:38]
- When did he know this was his path in life? [10:30]
- What and who were his biggest influences and best resources growing up? (12:07)
- How has his training evolved and would he do anything differently as a coach if he could go back in time? [13:50]
- The schedule for the Giants’ offseason program and why Aaron programs it the way he does. [15:36]
- What does an eccentric workout look like? (19:50)
- How he programs running intervals and rest periods. [23:36]
- What does an upper body workout look like for his athletes? [25:51]
- What exercises does he prescribe to keep his players mobile and built for longevity? [28:17]
- How does the training change and how does he help players recover during a grueling season?[31:15]
- The importance of nutrition and keeping the athletes fueled properly. [36:22]
- How Aaron gets his athletes to buy in to his training programs and why football is a relationship business. [38:07]
- What books does he recommend? [40:13]
- What does his training and nutrition protocol look like now? [41:37]
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. Their brand new Mushroom Mocha Mix combines their super popular Mushroom Coffee with the goodness of chaga and criollo variety cacao to delight and soothe the senses, morning or night. Criollo variety cacao is grown in the foothills of the Andes and is arguably the best tasting and highest quality cacao on the planet.
Mushroom mocha mix boasts 500mg of organic dual-extracted chaga per serving. Four Sigmatic is gut friendly and great for those who get an upset stomach from regular coffee.
It gets you focused but not jittery, and contains less than half the caffeine of regular coffee. Four Sigmatic comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water, and it takes just a second to prepare.
Go to www.FourSigmatic.com/Jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with eleven different areas of health, there is no better all-in-one supplement than Athletic Greens. Detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less by going to www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
300 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 64 mins duration .