Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#258: How to Train and Look Like an Athlete with Jon Chaimberg
Manage episode 216387935 series 40307
Do you want to know how elite athletes like champion MMA fighters and NHL hockey players train for strength and performance while building amazing physiques?
In this episode, you’ll meet Jon Chaimberg, a man who has trained some of the greatest fighters, like George St-Pierre and Rashad Evans, as well as other mixed martial artists, pro hockey players, major league baseball players, and Canada’s National Wrestling Team.
If you’re a trainer looking for ways to get your clients better results, or just someone who is looking to take their own training and physique to the next level, you’ll find it all in episode 258 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast.
Listen as we discuss:
- How did Jon first get started in fitness? [1:49]
- How was he able to train such high-level athletes so early in his coaching career? [4:07]
- Does Jon train the average person the same way he trains elite athletes? [7:55]
- How to get jacked and strong without doing the big 3 lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) [14:16]
- Top exercises and movement patterns for you to start today! [16:07]
- What is the typical workout for an athlete training with Jon for the first time? [18:07]
- His approach to training heavy and how he programs exercises so workouts are efficient and effective. [20:24]
- Why he prefers full body workouts vs. splits. [26:50]
- How does Jon train to stay ripped and muscular year round? [31:48]
- The importance of listening to your body. [36:06]
- The diet that keeps him SHREDDED. [40:42]
- Do as I say, not as I do – His take on recovery practices. [45:48]
- How has having kids changed his life? [47:58]
This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens helps detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less at www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
This episode is also brought to you by biOptimizers. Their P3-OM Probiotics may be the most powerful proteolytic probiotic ever developed. P3-OM supplies your gut with powerful protein-digesting bacteria that increase the pool of bioactive amino acids required for muscle growth and recovery.
Go to www.p3om.com/renegade and use the code “Renegade” to receive a 15% discount.