Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#259: Get Strong like a Powerlifter and Jacked like a Bodybuilder with StrongFirst CEO, Fabio Zonin
Manage episode 216834908 series 40307
Fabio Zonin knows how to get jacked and strong. He is the CEO of StrongFirst, founded by legendary Russian Strength & Conditioning specialist, Pavel Tsatsouline. He’s also a Master Teacher for FIF (Italian Federation of Fitness) and a former vice president of the Italian Association of Natural Bodybuilding.
In this episode Fabio and I give you the keys to unlock your body’s potential. You’ll learn the difference between intensity and effort, why great form trumps everything else, how to gain muscle and feel great at the same time, and much more. Listen as we discuss:
- How did Fabio first get into lifting as a kid? [5:01]
- When did the transition happen from powerlifting to bodybuilding? [8:41]
- The TRUE definition of intensity vs. effort. [11:05]
- How his training progressed over time and the differences between big, free weight lifts and machines. [13:52]
- Is using proper technique more important than having a great training program? [19:01]
- High frequency training vs. low volume training – what’s the difference? [24:41]
- Always be ready for action; the benefits of splitting up your sets throughout the week. [30:06]
- Can you train to gain 10 lbs. of muscle AND feel mobile, flexible and athletic at all times? [32:16]
- How did his training change once he met Pavel Tsatsouline? [37:39]
- If It Flies Right, It Looks Right: Fabio’s journey to a bodybuilding competition. [42:35]
- What principles does he currently live by? [47:25]
- What are the StrongFirst principles of training and what programs do they offer? [50:03]
- Training for more endurance – are YOU making these mistakes? [51:43]
- What certification courses does StrongFirst offer? [1:14:42]
- Why it might be time for you to switch up your training program. [1:16:09]
This episode is brought to you by Omax Health. Their Omax3 Ultra-Pure is a next generation omega-3 supplement.
Omax3 Ultra-Pure helps alleviate joint pain, reduces inflammation and muscle soreness, promotes recovery from intense training, supports optimal heart health, and improves mood, memory and focus. Go to https://www.tryomax.com/jay to get your free box of Omax3 Ultra-Pure with your first purchase.
This episode is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. With 75 ingredients working together to help with 11 different areas of health, Athletic Greens helps detoxify your body, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system.
Get all your vital nutrition in 30 seconds or less at www.AthleticGreens.com/Jay to claim your Renegade Radio special offer.
This episode also is brought to you by biOptimizers. Their P3-OM Probiotics may be the most powerful proteolytic probiotic ever developed. P3-OM supplies your gut with powerful protein-digesting bacteria that increase the pool of bioactive amino acids required for muscle growth and recovery.
Go to www.p3om.com/renegade and use the code “Renegade” to receive a 15% discount.
303 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 65 mins duration .