Manage episode 191925585 series 1385866
Are you hyped for the 2018 International Consumer Electronics Show? Today’s guest, Shelly Palmer (CEO of the Palmer Group), covers some of the biggest tech trends that will be shown off at the event. Palmer talks about the future of AI, illustrating how consumer interaction with products like Google Home and Amazon Alexa is expected to evolve in the near future.
Meet the Guest
Named one of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Voices in Technology, Shelly Palmer is CEO of The Palmer Group, a strategic advisory, technology solutions and business development practice focused at the nexus of media and marketing with a special emphasis on machine learning and data-driven decision-making. He is a trusted strategic advisor to the C-Suite of leading digital media, content, broadcasting and technology firms and a key driver of market, technology and strategic direction, as well as acquisition strategies, for his clients.
Palmer is well known as Fox 5 New York’s on-air tech expert and for his work on the Emmy-nominated television show, Shelly Palmer Digital Living. He is also a regular technology commentator for CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, and Fox Business News.
An award-winning composer, producer, writer and director, Palmer has worked with hundreds of brands, agencies, broadcasters, publishers and tech platforms on advertising and marketing campaigns such as Meow Mix, Burger King and The City of Las Vegas.
Palmer is the author of Television Disrupted: The Transition from Network to Networked TV (Focal Press 2006; 2nd Edition, York House Press, 2008) the seminal book about the technological, economic, and sociological forces that are changing everything, Overcoming The Digital Divide: How to use Social Media and Digital Tools to Reinvent Yourself and Your Career (York House Press, 2011), Digital Wisdom: Thought Leadership for a Connected World (York House Press, 2013) and Data-Driven Thinking: A collection of essays on data-driven decision making (Digital Living Press, 2016).
You can book your official CES tour with a ShellyPalmer strategic advisor here.
What You’ll Learn
- What to expect at the 2018 International Consumer Electronics Show.
- How collaborating with people outside your field can lead to big ideas.
- Insights into recent AI trends.
- Topics to think about in preparation for the CES show.
Quotes from Shelly Palmer
- This year at CES, we're going to have a really good look at integrations between the natural language understanding tools and the physical world.
- Just physically being at CES puts you in an environment where you can meet people who are scholarly, learned, and experienced in other disciplines.
- Consumers are going to always find the most frictionless path to fulfill their desires.
- If you're going to spend a few days out of your life [at CES] without having to be in the office and you're going to go learn new things, well then have a plan about what you want to learn.
70 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 34 mins duration .