Manage episode 195084563 series 1385866
On this episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite, Drew Neisser asks CMO of NetBase Solutions, Paige Leidig, the top questions surrounding social listening and analytics. With over 80% of tweets mentioning brands and the social media analytics industry being a $2.7 billion operation, it’s critical to know how listening can increase your customer connections.
Drew and Paige dive into social listening to give you and your business the best chance to hone your target market and utilize the best marketing channels possible. You’ll also discover how artificial intelligence in the form of Natural Language Processing can revolutionize your metadata processing.
The toughest challenges and biggest surprises encountered in social marketing are covered in this episode. You also don’t want to miss Paige’s top tips for CMOs in 2018.
This conversation is sure to provide critical social listening insights, so be sure to listen.
- [1:40] Drew introduces this episode’s guest - Paige Leidig, CMO of NetBase Solutions
- [3:00] What is social listening and social analytics?
- [8:15] Paige shares a great example of social listening information used in revolutionary ways
- [10:12] The main three marketing channels most brands utilize
- [12:13] What is the state of the art technique for social listening?
- [15:36] How can you differentiate your competitive advantage via social listening?
- [16:59] Natural language processing (NLP) - Artificial intelligence to moderate meta social media data
- [20:52] Top areas marketers miss while listening to customers
- [23:49] Paige shares additional example stories on why social listening is critical
- [28:19] How changing your message for your target market can increase sales and customer engagement
- [33:35] Why customer stories are of utmost importance in B2B marketing
- [36:33] Paige’s tips for CMOs moving forward into 2018
- [38:00] Common surprises encountered when entering into social listening
The premise behind social listening is aggregating all public data that’s published on millions of social media platforms and analyzing it to provide key insights into your industry. There are multitudes of practical benefits to social listening, including having the availability to quickly change marketing techniques if the listening offers new feedback on how the market is reacting to a campaign. It enables your company to create content that adds value to the market and encourages high-level digital connections with your customers. Microsoft and Apple are only two examples of top-tier companies utilizing social listening in their marketing strategies and their successes are demonstrated across the board. To hear their full stories be sure to give this episode a listen.The top three channels used in marketing and how new technology can improve the data analysis process
Paige walks Drew through the main three channels that brands utilize on this episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite. The company’s own channel is the most obvious, followed by partnered content channels. But the most valuable channel is through earned content - where people are talking about your brand/content and the signature characteristics that they find interesting and applicable. The best insights come from this channel alone. In order to analyze all of the data that comes through the earned channel, companies should utilize a new form of artificial intelligence called Natural Language Processing or NLP. It automatically sifts through millions of posts, images, and videos to determine the main themes and sentiments of the messages. This data is analyzed across dozens of languages in real time and offers critically important insights into your social marketing strategies. You don’t want to miss this conversation, so be sure to listen to the full audio.Top social listening tips for CMOs and how to avoid the biggest mistake in marketing analysis
If social listening is done correctly, your company has the opportunity to see huge progress made in your marketing campaigns. As 2018 approaches, Paige encourages other CMOs to be spending 80% of the marketing budget on digital marketing and to move beyond demographic marketing into psychographic marketing. He shares with Drew the biggest mistake to avoid in social listening, which is using false metrics derived from your own channel to drive marketing campaigns. There’s a whole world of opportunity that exists in your earned channel, you just have to be infinitely curious about your customers. You can’t afford to miss these applicable lessons from Drew and Paige so be sure to listen to this engaging episode of Renegade Thinkers Unite.Connect With Paige Leidig:
- NetBase team website featuring Paige
- Read Paige’s recent posts for NetBase
- Connect with Paige on LinkedIn
- Follow Paige on Twitter
107 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 38 mins duration .