Archive this series
This week on ResearchVR we dig deep into the magic behind rendering of VR - where and how can we save performance in extremely demanding virtual reality. We are happy to welcome again on our podcast Dominic Eskofier, NVIDIA's Manager for Europe and beyond.
Here is a list of most prominent issues we've talked about:
- differences for VR GPU pipeline
- improvements in Maxwell & Pascal series of GPUs
- KPIs of graphical performance for VR
- Motion-to-photo latency
- GPU memory importance for VR
- VR Works - importance and implementation
- spatial audio through optical raytracing
- addressing lens distortion
- asynchronous time warp
- VR SLI
- GP-GPU - general purpose GPU calculations
- CPU vs GPU
- Quadro GPUs
- NVidia for 360 videos
- light field displays
- eyeray render
- cloud computing
- NVIDIAs haptics engine
How to subscribe and contact us
For more details tune in to another episode of ResearchVR! You can subscribe to our RSS Feed in the mp3 or acc format. We hope you learned something new and enjoyed listening.
Thanks to Dominic for sharing his expertise with us and our listeners. Reach our guest at:
Topic Suggestions, Guest Invites, and all other all feedback are helpful! Feel free to contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter:
Rate us on Itunes and help spread the podcast that way!
38 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 44 mins duration .