Manage episode 172458610 series 115363
This week on ResearchVR we dig deep into VR locomotion from theoretical, practical and technical perspective. Our guest is an experienced VR UX Designer, Daniel Sproll from Realities.io.
Here is a list of most prominent issues we've talked about:
- spatial memory & place memory
- making computing more human
- examples of experiencing known place in VR with photogrammetry
- teleportation vs spatial mapping
- photogrammetry methodology
- zooming vs teleportation
- zooming technology
- locomotion in DOOM
- dolly shots
- visual flow
- tunnel vision for motion sickness and storytelling
- notch rotation
- continuous locomotion
- respect for physicality
- Audi VR Showroom experience
How to subscribe and contact us
For more details tune in to another episode of ResearchVR! You can subscribe to our RSS Feed in the mp3 or acc format. We hope you learned something new and enjoyed listening.
Thanks to Daniel for sharing his expertise with us and our listeners.
Topic Suggestions, Guest Invites, and all other all feedback are helpful! Feel free to contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter:
Rate us on Itunes and help spread the podcast that way!
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 48 mins duration .