Manage episode 176949415 series 129769
Petra Lentz-Snow has guided vision fasts and wilderness rite of passage programs for over 20 years and is currently serving as Co-Director and Board Member at the School of Lost Borders. A rite of passage is a ceremony or ritual that marks a transition into a new life stage. Some rites of passage occur naturally over the course of your life and others are brought about by crisis or a significant change in your life. The modern day renewal of rite of passage ceremonies, initiated by organizations like the School of Lost Borders, gives us the opportunity to intentionally step into our lives more fully and reclaim our indigenous soul.
In this episode, Petra gives us an in-depth look into the purpose and process of rites of passage, both naturally-occurring and intentionally sought out ceremonies, such as guided vision fasts. She takes us through the many different types of rites of passage, discusses why crisis is crucial for growth and shares about the role of the natural world in rite of passage. Enjoy, and be prepared to soak up Petra's deep, healing wisdom throughout this conversation.EPISODE BREAKDOWN:
- Show Introduction
- New Surthrival product teaser
- I’d Rather Hunt + Gather T-shirt Pre-order ending soon!
- Spring, maple syrup tapping & upcoming hunt + gather adventures
- Winners of “I’d Rather Hunt + Gather” giveaway
- Q&A: Daniel’s thoughts on proposed bill that could end foraging in Maine
- Arthur Haines’ new project on sustainably harvesting native plants
- Introducing Petra Lentz-Snow
- How Petra got into guiding rite of passage retreats
- What is a rite of passage?
- Bringing your gift out into the world
- The first and foremost rite of passage
- Common rites of passage for women and men
- What calls people to a rite of passage?
- Protecting your status
- Why is crisis crucial?
- Preparing for a rite of passage
- The role of the natural world in rite of passage
- Coming back from a rite of passage
- Petra’s prognosis for the future of the human species
178 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 97 mins duration .