Manage episode 229153179 series 1386146
On this week’s show Adam Boileau and Patrick Gray discuss the week’s news:
- Chelsea Manning back in jail
- Citrix owned, Resecurity claims it was Iran. Again. Because reasons, apparently.
- Huawei politics get messy
- EXCLUSIVE: Toyota Oz, other carmakers likely targeted by APT32 (Vietnam)
- Much, much more
This week’s sponsor is Senetas. They make layer 2 encryption gear but recently made a US$8m investment into Votiro, a Content Disarm and Reconstruction (CDR) play. Votiro CEO Aviv Grafi is this week’s sponsor guest. He stops by to explain CDR tech.
- Chelsea Manning jailed after refusing to testify about WikiLeaks - CNNPolitics
- Citrix discloses security breach of internal network | ZDNet
- Citrix investigating unauthorized access to internal network | Citrix Blogs
- Iranian-backed hackers stole data from major U.S. government contractor
- Deacon Blues on Twitter: "Have about closed the loop on who is behind Resecurity, the mysterious company attributing the Citrix hack to Iran. It seems to be the work of one man, Andrey Andreevich Komarov, aka Andrew Komarov.… https://t.co/9fbWuEwqdL"
- US ambassador in Berlin urges Germany to cut ties with Huawei
- Pompeo warns allies Huawei presence complicates partnership with U.S. | Reuters
- Huawei’s 5G equipment is a manageable risk, British intelligence claims - The Verge
- UN report links North Korean hackers to theft of $571 million from cryptocurrency exchanges
- China database lists 'breedready' status of 1.8 million women | World news | The Guardian
- 800+ Million Emails Leaked Online by Email Verification Service - Security Discovery
- Releasing the NSA’s Previously Classified Tool ‘Ghidra’ For Free Is a ‘Game Changer’ - Motherboard
- Facebook Suit: Ukrainian Hackers Used Quizzes to Take Data from 60,000 Users
- A world of hurt after GoDaddy, Apple, and Google misissue >1 million certificates | Ars Technica
- The Prototype iPhones That Hackers Use to Research Apple’s Most Sensitive Code - Motherboard
- Google reveals Chrome zero-day under active attacks | ZDNet
- Pipes on Twitter: "Google TAG have run down and identified iOS, Chrome and Windows 0days in the last few weeks. @ShaneHuntley Are we going to get some insight on which group you folk are pulling apart later? Sounds like fun times 😉"
- Russia blocks encrypted email provider ProtonMail | TechCrunch
- Tufts expelled a student for grade hacking. She claims innocence | TechCrunch
- Lamborghini-driving bitcoin trader charged with drug trafficking
- Cryptocurrency entrepreneur pleads guilty in 'Bitcointopia' fraud - Los Angeles Times
- Car alarms with security flaws put 3 million vehicles at risk of hijack | TechCrunch
- Silencing Cylance: A Case Study in Modern EDRs – MDSec
- Glitching Trezor using EMFI Through The Enclosure – Colin O’Flynn
- Extracting BitLocker keys from a TPM
- WDS bug lets hackers hijack Windows Servers via malformed TFTP packets | ZDNet
- Cisco tells Nexus switch owners to disable POAP feature for security reasons | ZDNet
- Auth0 Security Bulletin CVE-2019-7644
- Votiro Disarmer Takes Cyber Security to the Next-Generation
- Senetas announces $8m investment in Votiro Disarmer
157 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .