Manage episode 218053454 series 4687
And we're at it again with Q&A #11 with Robb and Nicki for Episode 412 of The Paleo Solution Podcast.
Don't forget to send in your own podcast question to use here: https://robbwolf.com/contact/submit-a-question-for-the-podcast/
1. [2:27] Valter Longo's Longevity Diet Wayne says: What's your take on Longo's view that protein should be limited because it raises IGF-1? He says that none of the populations that have the largest percentages of centenarians consume much protein. I understand that IGF-1 has a beneficial anabolic effect but high levels have been linked to cancer and other chronic diseases. Can you give us your views on this?
2. [14:30] OMAD Eric says: Hi Robb, Just wondering what your opinion of eating OMAD? And is it beneficial to still eat keto while doing it?
3. [18:18] Sun screen Duey says: What are your thoughts on sun screen.
What draw backs are there to using it?
What's the risk of skin cancer if you progressively build up sun exposure and don't burn.
Notes: Risks and benefits of Sun Exposure https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5129901/
4. [24:25] Pulling and eccentric exercise only Patrick says: Hi Robb and Nicky. First I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you wrote and said over the years. You and others like Mark Sisson helped me lose over a hundred pounds and keeping it of since 2013. My question : is there any counter indication of doing only pulling exercise or eccentric ? I suffered rotator cuff injuries couple years ago and no matter how careful I am everytime I tried to do heavy push exercise, even not so heavy, the pain comes back. My only goal at this point is to maintain as much lean body mass as I can so I can grow old and farm coconuts with my great great grand kids Thanks alot again for everything
5. [28:00] Water retention during Luteal phase Angel says: Hi Robb and Nicki, I love the Q&A episodes! I find them very informative. I just started reading Wired to Eat and its such an enjoyable read! Your sense of humor keeps me engaged, unlike many other nutrition books that read like text books. A little about me: I just turned 40, 5’4”, 133 lbs and metabolically healthy. My goal is to lower my body fat to 20% (currently 24%). I started with the keto diet over a year ago, and initially was able to lose weight. But I find it quite difficult to adhere to, and the sugar/carb restrictions triggered many binge eating episodes that I never experienced before keto. Now I’ve relaxed on the carb restrictions by allowing myself to eat fruits and starchy vegetables and my cravings are more under control (fingers crossed). However I still face another hurdle in my fat loss journey , namely PMS cravings and water retention. I retain so much water during my luteal phase I can’t even fit into clothes that are normally loose fitting. Logically I would lower carbs and increase fat to reduce water retention, but the the problem with that is I also crave sugar (mainly chocolate) and carbs (pretzels). I also find it hard to fast during PMS (I normally do 16:8 IF) as I feel more hungry. I always gain weight during luteal phase, which practically undo all my previous efforts. Do you have any suggestions on what to do during luteal phase? Do we eat more carbs or more fat? Any supplements? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Notes: Robb breaks down protein recommendations: https://robbwolf.com/2018/05/16/keto-and-protein-is-it-chocolate-cake/
Where you can find us: YouTube Facebook Submit questions: https://robbwolf.com/contact/submit-a-question-for-the-podcast/
455 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 39 mins duration .