Manage episode 236316750 series 2020
- This special audio podcast is a recording of a Panel Discussion at the USciences eLearning 3.0 Conference on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. Our Keynote speaker, Phil Hill, was the moderator. The Panel consists of Kenneth Chapman (D2L), Ryan McDonald (Blackboard), and Ben Moriarty (Strut Learning). You will hear reference to Glisser, the tool we use to solicit audience questions.
- These questions were asked:
- What will be the most different about the LMS in 5 years?
- What will not change in the LMS after 5 years?
- Will the instructional designer be more important than the instructor?
- What hasn't worked regarding the effort to have data inform the LMS experience?
- What about the "dark underbelly" of data, privacy, and misuse of data?
- What hasn't worked with student personalization, and what will the future bring?
- Do the needs of accreditation conflict with student personalization?
- What will be the impact of blockchain, voice control, and machine learning?
- What are the biggest hurdles to adopting a new LMS?
- How do you deal with shortened student attention span?
- Podsafe Music Selection
- "Stress" (song and flash animation) by highly caffeinated Jim Infantino of the band, Jim's Big Ego.