Sacred Psychology | Empowerment | Health | Mindfulness | Psychology | Sexuality | Spirituality | Therapy
25: Cracked Open Vol 4: The Object of Desire - The Good, The Bad, The Becoming
Manage episode 181343017 series 1334987
Can objectifying others or even yourself ever be a good thing? Why psychologists believe a good dose of objectification is vital to happy sex life.
In this podversation:
- What is objectification and how does someone objectify themselves?
- Common examples of self-objectification
- Ways it has shown up in our (Tamara & Alex's) lives personally
- Without self-objectification we miss out on the fullness of life
- How to tell whether your objectification is healthy
- The power of psychological assessments like the Enneagram as a measurement of self-objectification and more
- How objectification and self-objectification plays a role in great sex
- Why partners should try to say YES to their lovers as often as possible
- Self-objectification in oral sex
- Lust as an integral part of the total Self
- Confidence is a decision
- How any behavior can be an act of affirmation or aggression (a.k.a healthy or unhealthy)
- The Enneagram ($12): https://tests.enneagraminstitute.com/orders/create
- My favorite Enneagram book that explains each type in depth along with issues in childhood, core fears & desires etc.
- “The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment” by Jack Morin
- “Consensual Sadomasochism: How to Talk About it & How to Do It Safely” by Dr. William Henkin and Sybil Holiday
49 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 40 mins duration .