Modern Mentor is your guide to leadership and communication, helping you craft a workplace environment you can feel good about. She’ll share tips to help you balance your work and personal life, effectively invest your time, and be mindful about where you’re devoting your energy. Let Modern Mentor help you navigate your path to success—however you define it.
Manage episode 204752163 series 1272076
By Jim Brown. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- Stick With What Works: Once you find a system that works, stick with it. As obvious as it may sound, too often we want to tinker with things out of boredom. Your goal should be to strip everything down to the smallest set of choices you can possibly have and then run those plays consistently.
- Lean Into Objections: The buyer knows every objection they’re going to come up with before they ever decided to talk to you. And unfortunately, they’re not just going to go away. That said, don’t shy away from them. Lean directly into them and have the conversations about known challenges as early in the process as possible. This will accelerate the good deals and get you out of the bad deals.
- Strip Out Complexity: Regardless of how much your product can do, figure out the top 3-4 pain points your ideal customers face and solve for those. That’s it. Now, you may be thinking that comment should be focused on your internal product team, but it’s not. When you talk about all the features you can provide, all you do is confuse people including yourself. Focusing on a smaller subset of real value help you create the right conversation and position accordingly.
- The 48 Laws Of Power by Robert Greene
- Costello-What if every sales rep inherited the habits of your best rep? With Costello, they do.