Manage episode 232295441 series 2504282
Are you a blogger? Engineer? Web guru? What do you do? If you ask Yan Cui that question, be prepared for several different answers.
Today, we’re talking to Yan, who is a principal engineer at DAZN. Also, he writes blog posts and is a course developer. His insightful, engaging, and understandable content resonates with various audiences. And, he’s an AWS serverless hero!
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Some people get tripped up because they don’t bring microservice practices they learned into the new world of serverless; face many challenges
- Educate others and share your knowledge; Yan does, as an AWS hero
- Chaos Engineering Meeting Serverless: Figuring out what types of failures to practice for depends on what services you are using
- Environment predicated on specific behaviors may mean enumerating bad things that could happen, instead of building a resilient system that works as planned
- API Gateway: Confusing for users because it can do so many different things; what is the right thing to do, given a particular context, is not always clear
- Now, serverless feels like a toy, but good enough to run production workflow; future of serverless - will continue to evolve and offer more flexibility
- Serverless is used to build applications; DevOps/IOT teams and enterprises are adopting serverless because it makes solutions more cost effective
74 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 34 mins duration .